17 September, 2006

In praise of Abel and Cole

Oh I know everyone but everyone who gets an organic box in London gets it from these guys. As if they need more publicity. But still, life without Abel and Cole would be unthinkable. Every Monday I get my veg and fruit for the week, my milk, cheese, yoghurt, butter, eggs. Also washing powder, canned tomatoes, rice. And I don't have to think about it, it just arrives. The website is excellent - you can tailor your deliveries so that you get your cheese once every two weeks, washing up liquid once a month and so on. I love shopping without thinking or, in fact, shopping.

I also appreciate the other things they do: supporting small scale organic farmers, running their vans on vegetable oil, never air freighting, sending seasonal vegetables, mostly British. I'm sure there are lots of good box scheme companies out there and now even the supermarkets are trying to get in on the act, but these guys are gold standard.

No comments: