06 April, 2008

Confused of Crickhowell

Look, I've only been doing this vegetable gardening thing since Christmas. I haven't really got a clue. I need all the help I can get. And right now it is snowing in April. This is not helpful, it's downright confusing. Useful statements like "plant indoors 6 weeks before the last frost" are challenging enough for an ex-Londoner who hasn't seen a decent frost in years, but when it's t-shirt weather in February, and snowball weather in April, I am lost. Today is clearly an indoors kind of day so I pricked out my aubergines and some more tomatoes and am planning to plant some more herbs this afternoon. Meanwhile I am resting after an excellent lunch at my nearest pub which happily just happens to be the Nantyffin Cider Mill.

1 comment:

G said...

Resting after an excellent lunch at your local pub sounds like the perfect way to spend any afternoon. Sigh. Just finished a delicious slice of pizza (well, two actually) and am suddenly am craving a pint of Guinness.