23 April, 2008

Sugar and spice and all things nice

I am going to try to spice up my family's diet. I've been inspired by my two Moro cookbooks - Casa Moro and Moro East. It's tricky as children find the flavours a challenge. Curry is definitely going to take some time to get to. However a little bit here and a little bit there of spices such as cinnamon, anise, cumin, coriander, paprika may work. My theory is that Charlotte and Emilia will gradually adjust and come to like it. Well I can try.

And so I have just taken delivery of some lovely spices from Steenburgs. A very nice website and best of all, these lovely dinky jars containing excellent whole spices. Today's package contained anise, caraway (both mostly bought for bread), sweet paprika, several vanilla pods and some free teabags with odd names.

No comments: