22 November, 2009

Things that go bump in the night

We're still getting used to this apartment and to the noises it and its surroundings make especially after dark. The wail of the local fire station is often mistaken for the wail of smaller daughter (she has a great pair of lungs on her). And last night there was a thud and a bump we couldn't account for. So being the brave woman I am, I insisted Tom get up and check out the house. And being the brave man he is, he insisted I accompany him. Of course there was nothing. No sign of anything wrong. And it wasn't until this morning when another bump and thud woke me up that I worked out what the noise was. The ice-maker in the fridge. These pesky American fridges. Now I just have to remember to turn the bloody thing off before I go to bed at night.

1 comment:

Mal's Allotment said...

Similar complaints, back home, about our breadmaker. Love may tear us apart, but fear always unites!

Have you tried the soudough?