29 March, 2009

NEMO

Not of the finding variety. Nemo is a Science Museum near Central Station in Amsterdam. Very hands-on, lots of buttons to push, handles to turn and so on. I spent a couple of very quickly passed hours with the girls there this morning. I've been to several of this kind of exhibit - Techniquest in Cardiff, parts of the Science Museum in London - and this was the best so far. It's big, well laid out, has lots of levels of activity, lots of English, and a really good junk chain reaction to watch on each hour. We particularly liked the bubbles big enough to encircle a child, digitising our pictures and anything involving electricity.




There's even a "teen section" but a quick glance at the wooden non-anatomically correct models in a variety of positions told me this wasn't a section my girls (or I!) were quite ready for.

No comments: