13 February, 2008

Quick update

More blue skies. More muck and topsoil moved. I will post pictures tomorrow. In the meantime I have been busy shifting soil and filling my raised beds. The weather looks like it will hold allowing me to finish the beds and then plant some garlic, shallots and broad beans outside. I now have at least 20 tomato seedlings. They are at that delicate first stage when all plants look like cress and you really can't believe they will survive let alone grow into plants capable of producing fruit. Bean plants look so much more robust from the very beginning.

Dinner tonight is Cashell's sausages including the famous Welsh Dragons. Cooked on a bed of apple and shallots in the oven and served with sweet potatoes and something else I haven't worked out yet! I am hungry!

No comments: