27 November, 2008

Hanging out together


Finally, some integration. Seen together this morning. I'm not saying they're friends yet but there is definitely a thawing of relations.

And while we're on the subject of chickens, yesterday I went to collect the egg(s) and discovered that they are laying them by their perch rather than in the nesting boxes. Once I looked hard enough I could see five, so I am guessing some slightly predate yesterday though it can't be by that much as I cleaned them out on Sunday. The problem with our hen house is that it really isn't designed for egg laying anywhere except the nesting boxes. Oh, it's all right for the chickens, but I'd rather not crawl into the house to retrieve the eggs. So instead I found myself tipping upside down through the hatch used to access the main chicken door and fumbling around to try to reach the eggs. Luckily I have long arms and legs or I might have ended up the wrong way up in the chicken run.

No comments: