03 May, 2008

Sunday lunch - preparations underway

Tomorrow I have 12 for lunch. Including Jack, the best cook of my generation in my family and even though he is lovely, I am feeling intimidated and nervous. So preparations are underway. I have just covered my shoulder of lamb with a marinade (courtesy of Casa Moro) made of lemon juice, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, thyme leaves, garlic, paprika, seasoning and olive oil. It is now in the fridge and will be slow roasted tomorrow. The rest of the meal is planned to be mashed swedes (not glamourous I know but they were in the box) with garlic and cream, potatoes dauphinois, beetroot salad, green beans and steamed carrots. Thankfully Jack is doing pudding - see, I said he was lovely.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

G said...

Mmmmmmmmm... it all sounds perfectly delicious. Yum yum. Guests who bring courses are great guests!